There are several products that have helped us survive this first week home with Jack. If you haven’t already, head to my last post — Week One with Jack + Newborn Care Tips to catch some tips on managing the family + home during the first week home with a newborn.
- Medela Slimming Nursing Cami: This cami is comfortable and supportive with removable pads. I’ve been wearing them every day, all day so far. I love that it’s form-fitting, providing extra core support.
- Chambray Boyfriend Button-Down: If you make it out of the house, a good button-up is crucial since it can be easily thrown on, and allows for easy access when breastfeeding.
- Jersey Robe: You’re probably noticing a trend — comfort. Being comfortable really makes a difference during such a tiring time. With a baby on you pretty much constantly, it’s nice to have clothing that can be layered — put on and taken off easily when needed. Plus, it’s perfect for breastfeeding.
- Bamboobies Breastmilk Pads: When your milk comes in, you’ll most likely need these to soak up the extra milk flow!
- Boppy Nursing Pillow: During that first week you may feel like all you did was feed the baby, so it’s important to be comfortable in the position. The pillow helps elevate the baby, giving some relief to your back and shoulders.
- Halo Sleepsack Swaddle: This swaddle worked wonders with Olivia and so far, Jack is loving them too. After his last feeding of the night we wrap him in the swaddle and he sleeps like a champ.
- Solly Baby Wrap: This wrap is lightweight, soft, and provides great support for the baby. It comes in many different styles! Oftentimes, Jack just wants to be held so the wrap allows me to comfort him while both hands are free to get things done around the house and help Olivia.
- Convertible Gowns: These are great for nighttime diaper changes so you can easily access the diapers from the bottom.
- Rock-n-Play Sleeper: Just like the swaddle, this sleeper was perfect for Olivia and so far, Jack. The inclined position keeps their legs tucked, similar to the womb. It has plenty of room for them to grow. It has comfortable cushions that can be easily removed to clean. The sleeper rocks back and forth smoothly. Also, it’s portable making it easy to move around the house and travel with. Anyone have favorite products that got them through the first couple weeks with a newborn? Please share!